Sunday, July 12, 2009

We must be livin' right

So I've gotten into the habit of religiously checking craigslist and ksl at least 2 or 3 times a day for free stuff. Usually I come up with free dirt, or free rocks, or even less appealing, free kittens/cats. But this weekend, my luck changed. I logged on to good ol' craigslist and saw FREE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER. It had only been on for 9 mintues. I thought for sure it was mine. Joshua called and...someone beat us to it. Blast. So we go about our lives and I continue searching ads for treasures. The next day, as we were out and about, we get a call telling us that the FREE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER was never picked up and was ours for the taking if we still wanted it. Joshua consulted me and I said YES!!!! We then proceeded to frantically search for a truck to borrow to be able to pick it up and haul it home, which eventually we did, and then we set off on our quest to find the good man's house, which was an adventure in its own. The whole process took about 3 hours of driving and hauling, BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!! Check out our brand new (well new to us) FREE ENTERTAINMENT CENTER! Don't be jealous.


If you couldn't tell, I'm a little excited about the whole thing. Can you blame me? Anywho, the free things have continued and we spent this evening picking free apricots that I found on ksl classifieds. Let's just say that we picked puh-lenty.


And this is after the 20 minute drive home, in which we consumed entirely too many apriocots. But they were sooo delicious and I'll probably have a continuous bellyache for the next week or two (if they last that long). MMM MMM. Anyone have any apriocot recipes?

1 comment:

  1. oh geez, that is a great deal free entertainment center! must be nice amanda nand joshua! and then free apricots...my mom hasan apricot tree in our backyard it just recently bloomed!so yummy!

    ReplyDelete