Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't judge me

Hi. My name is Amanda and I'm addicted to Days of our Lives.

Hi Amanda.

Seriously, Don't judge me.

What's not to love? You've got family feuds, love triangles, love squares, baby swapping, murders, drug smugglers, teenage HS drama, back stabbing mother-in-laws, hunky guys, the mob, affairs, twins who have different fathers (?!), blackmailing, kidnapping, everyone sleeping with everyone, etc, etc.

My favorite plot line thus far includes some good ol' fashioned baby swapping. See if you can keep up. So Sami and Nicole are both pregnant. By the same guy (but that's another story). Nicole ends up having a miscarriage but doesn't want anyone to know so she pretends to continue her pregnancy and finds a pregnant teenager, Mia, who wants to get rid of her baby secretly. Meanwhile Sami has her baby, baby Grace, the same day as Mia has hers (of course). Nicole takes Mia's baby, baby Sydney, and for some unknown reason, switches baby Sydney and baby Grace. This all happened before I started watching and I can't quite figure out why she did it. Anywho, fast forward a couple months and baby Grace dies. DIES. Yeah. Pretty heavy stuff. Sami is dating this ex-FBI agent, Raef, and Nicole is super parinoid about him finding out her secret. Which she should be because Raef is hot on the trail of Dr. Baker, the doctor who switched the babies and has been blackmailing Sami ever since. Raef finally tracks Dr. Baker in the Dominican Republic but he's DEAD. Dead by the hand of Nicole's mafia father-in-law. Unbeknownst to Stefano that when that happened, a note was to be sent to the police telling them EVERYTHING about Nicole.

How will this story end? Will Sami get her real baby back? Will Mia find out that her baby really died? Dun dun duuuuuuun. Tune into NBC at 2:00 weekdays to join Days of our Lives Anonymous!

1 comment:

  1. Once you start those soap operas it's hard to stop. I was somewhere around your age when I got hooked too. But I didn't have TV that records itself so I got off of the addiction pretty easily. That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete