Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This past weekend we headed to Colorado Springs for the National Winter Airgun Championships at the Olympic Training Center.USA!
side note: I taught the little Chinese girls in my preschool class that holding two fingers up means peace. So now they randomly walk around and yell PEACE! Also, the other day they had peas and carrots for lunch. My co-teacher was trying to tell them that they're called PEEAS, not peats or peads or whatever they were calling them. As evidence that I am an awesome teacher, my little Chinese diva says, "I KNOW! THEY'RE PEACE!" and flashes the peace sign. AWESOME.
And now resuming with relevant information...here's my incredibly strong husband supporting the world


My turn
Alright, now the serious business...I competed against about 40 other women over 3 days. Every day I scored about the middle of the pack, steadily moving upwards to about 17th place. Sooo, nothing to write home about but it was still a good time. The women I competed against have been shooting for years and years and years so for me to beat even one person is a pretty good accomplishment. One of the top competitors was about my age but has been shooting for 8. YEARS. No way is my 4 months going to compare to that. But whatevs.


The setup


I survived my first major competition. HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment