Monday, September 20, 2010

Conversation with my academic advisor

Advisor: So. Have you taken the GRE?
Me: ….
Advisor: ….
……
…….
Advisor: You know what the GRE is, right?
Me: Um yeah, I totally know what that is. I’ll take that ASAP. SAT. ACT.

SIDE NOTE: GRE= Graduate Record Examination= you need it to apply for grad school=anyone have tips for taking said GRE?

Resume conversation

Advisor: Ok good. Because do you know when you need to apply for grad school?
Me: …..
…….
Me: Next semester?
Advisor: Try January. As in 4 months from now.
Me: Right-o. I will also get right on that.
Advisor: Ok then. So do you have *some fancy pants piece of paper that apparently I need to have signed so that I can graduate in the spring* for me to sign?
Me: ……

Yowza. Apparently I need to get on this whole grad school thang.

2 comments:

  1. I like your story! You can practice and prep GRE here: masteryourgre.com . I practice here everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just took the GRE amanda! it wasn't that terrible and it is so nice to have it over with. i only studied for like 3 weeks. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete